- Racking Systems
- Double Deep Racking
- Additional Information
Double Deep Racking offers a cost-effective compromise between selective and non-selective pallet racking systems. Pallets are stored two-deep resulting in greater storage density and half the number of aisles required.
Double Deep Racking allows for reasonable stock rotation with immediate access to 50% of stock on a First in Last Out basis and makes efficient use of all available space.
Double Deep Racking is best suited for:
- High turnover stock businesses
- First in last Out (FILO) storage
- Where stock rotation is not as critical
- Multiple pallets of the same SKU (Stock Keeping Units) are stored
Click here to check out our Rack Safety & Accessories Page
Comparasions Counter Balance Reach Double Deep Building Area 2100 m² 2100 m² 2100 m² Lifting Height 6000mm 8500mm 8500mm Aisle Width Required 4800mm 2800mm 2800mm Flow Space Utilised 25% 35% 50% Number of Bays 194 270 346 Number of pallets 4 5 5 Total pallet locations 1552 2700 3460
Other features and benefits include:
- Made with DMD Storage Group’s high strength design, reducing damage from accidental impact
- Efficient use of space
- Superior quality steel enabling minimal operational costs
- Note: Double deep pallet guide rails required on levels above 4000mm
All pallet racking structures are carefully calculated to meet the latest Australian Standard 4084-2012.
Using our state-of-the-art analysis software every application is independently analysed to meet your specific requirements.
DESIGN & SAFETY STANDARDS
DMD equipment has been designed in Australia to meet or exceed the following Australian Standards: • AS 4084-2012 Steel Storage Racking • EN 15512:2009 European Steel Static Storage Systems • AS/NZS 4600:2005 Cold Formed Steel Structures • AS 4100-1998 Steel Structures.